Right now –
– Look at your calendar right now and block off 20 minutes in your week that you will spend with God. Maybe it’s right now. (You probably want to be alone for this)
– Make yourself a promise you take this seriously and guard this time on your calendar just like you would your hair appointment, pedicure or girl’s night out!
– Pick a scripture that touches you or has been in your weekly devotion. If you can’t think of any – don’t worry. I have some at the bottom of the page – no excuses.
During your time with God –
– Sit in a quiet spot
– Read the scripture you have chosen or that God has led you to.
– Close your eyes, reflect on His words, be still, listen for His whisper
What it will do for you –
– I pray it brings you closer to God, that it allows you to hear His whisper, renews your mind and begins to teach you that being still is ok. This world tells us to be worth anything we have to move all the time. That is a lie. God tells us over and over in scripture to be still.
– Consider putting this meeting with God on your calendar every week. My prayer is that as you do this you begin to desire more and more of this stillness with Him and the meetings begin to happen daily instead of just weekly.
The Lord is in his holy temple; let all the earth be silent before him. Habakkuk 2:20 NIV
Therefore tell the people: This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ says the Lord Almighty. Zechariah 1:3
The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” Exodus 14:14 NIV
“Now then, stand still and see this great thing the Lord is about to do before your eyes! 1 Samuel 12:16 NIV
The fruit of that righteousness will be peace; its effect will be quietness and confidence forever. Isaiah 32:17 NIV
“Pay attention, Job, and listen to me; be silent, and I will speak. 32 If you have anything to say, answer me; speak up, for I want to vindicate you. 33 But if not, then listen to me; be silent, and I will teach you wisdom. Job 33:31-33 NIV